Sunday 31 August 2014

I try to get creative with a stapler

Last week, my friends introduced me to the very interesting fact that I was the only one in the group who had not managed to staple her hand accidentally. My best friend gave me one of her most convincing intense looks along with a stapler and told me, ' you can do this.'  Of course she was kidding but my instincts knew better than that. The next thing I remember is that a pin had pierced its way through my thumb and I was struggling to get it out. In fact, I began to cry, out of laughter. Doing insane things like this has always come naturally to me. We spent the rest of the period giggling our heart out and even our teacher didn't seem to mind it. He had become used to us by then.
After the incident, I tried to make sense out of the whole thing. I realized that it was something completely aimless and yet made me happy.
Earlier my definition of happiness had been setting aims and conquering them.But this too, I realized was happiness. Well, some people might call it merely momentary but I know I'll laugh all the more hard every time I will remember it.
It led me to alter my definition of ever lasting happiness,i.e. ' living for the moment and arranging these moments such that they yield substantial results in the long run.'
P.S. I had already been injected with tetanus so it wasn't that serious an issue, but otherwise IT IS.  

1 comment: